Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Socktoberfest

It's Socktober!! And I've got socks on the brain. I've got so many sock projects in mind right now, that I think my brain is going to explode. I've got lots of socks on my to be knit list and I've only got 2 hands. Plus there are more great sock patterns and yarns turning up all the time.

I don't have any specific goals for Socktoberfest. I'm trying to focus on completing my current projects before starting more; and I'm making steady progress on both. But, I may cave and cast on a third before the week is out.

What A Melon socks = The first sock is done and the second sock is about half-way down the leg. Here's a pic of the first sock.

Charade

Rum Runner socks = I made lots of progress on Knit Night last week. I expect to finish up the heel tonight.

Rum Runner

Upcoming projects = Here's a pic of the yarns I have chosen for my next several projects (in no special order).

Future Sock Projects
From left to right:
-Union Center Knits, Whatnot Sock in Fall - pattern planned: Elegance Socks, October Sockamania pattern
-Socks That Rock Lightweight in Flower Power - pattern planned: Monkey
-Socks That Rock Mediumweight in Pebble Beach - pattern planned: Gwen
-Yarn Pirate, BFL in Calamity - pattern planned: Stockinette

And on another sock note, I'm signed up for a toe-up sock class at Stitches. So, it's going to be a very busy month for me.

1 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Your two socks on the needles look great! I look forward to seeing your new socks too! Happy Socktober!!