Friday, May 26, 2006

Lisa Souza Yarn Arrives

My Lisa Souza yarn order arrived yesterday. It is yummy! My 8-year-old right away determined that the one was watermelon. I can't wait to see how these knit up. Even though it doesn't show in the picture, they both have a little green in them, too.

What A Melon on the left and Can't Elope on the right

I also stopped by my LYS this afternoon. I decided that 1 set of size 1 DPNs is not enough. So, I popped in to get another set. I was very good and only bought the needles. They did have some very pretty Trekking that almost came home with me, but I already have enough sock yarn to last me a very long time. In fact, I think I need to put a spell on my knitting needles so they will knit while I'm at work.

I've got a lot planned for this long weekend. I've got to get some work done in my neglected yard. I haven't planted anything yet this spring and my lilac and forsythia bushes need a trim. I'm planning on lots of colorful annuals for the front flowerbeds and I'd like to plant some herbs in the back. I haven't decided what herbs I'm going to plant, but so far I'm thinking oregano, thyme and rosemary. I've already got an English lavendar growing. It gets bigger every year.

I've also got knitting and crocheting plans. I'm hoping to get to the half-way point on my flamingo socks and I want to do some swatching for future sock projects. I've also got to get started on a baby afghan for a co-worker...no more procrastinating on this one. And last but not least, I'm going to try to crochet up some more squares for Heartmade Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»