Monday, October 22, 2007

No Rhinebeck for Me

I was one of the few who didn't get to go to Rhinebeck. But I did have a very productive weekend, and I scored some Yarntini at Woolgirl on Sunday night.

My biggest accomplishment was on my "Fall Elegance" socks.

Fall Elegance
These are being knit in Union Center Knits Whatnot Sock yarn. The colorway is "Fall". The pattern is from the Sockamania Knit Along and is called "Elegance Socks". The pic above is of the first sock which I completed Saturday morning. By Sunday night, I had finished all but the toe of the second sock. This is my first time doing cables. They were small, so I wasn't too intimidated. The leg is almost 7" long and it looks like I'm going to have lots of yarn leftover. You've gotta love yarn with generous yardage!

It's a start
I started a new pair of socks on Saturday. I'm using Storm Moon Knits Twilight Sock yarn in The Great Pumpkin and the Broad Spiral Ribbing pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks. This is yarn I picked up at Stitches East. I'm really enjoying these. The gauge is 6 stitches per inch, so they are working up really quick!!

I also made some progress on a super secret, can't-blog-about-it project, because its a Christmas gift.

I've got a couple of new handspun yarns to share, but I'll do those in a future post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe. I scored some Yarntini too. I figured I was owed a psydo-Rhinebeck score!

Wool Girl said...

Your Fall socks are gorgeous! Fantastic pattern! :)